Software as a service (SaaS) is a way of delivering applications over the Internet so you don’t have to install and maintain software yourself. You can access the software any time from anywhere you have Internet access. It also frees you from complex software and hardware management if you were to own the software yourself.
SaaS has many benefits associated with it such as:
- Improved access since it is Internet based, any networked device can be used from literally any location that has an Internet connection.
- Lower initial and ongoing costs as there is no need for additional hardware. Sharing the costs of the software over many users lowers the cost significantly, and there is no need to maintain your own software and hardware infrastructure.
- Simplified deployment as you do not need to install software either centrally or on each device. This also results in easy updates as BuiltSpace will manage all updates and upgrades, so there are no patches for customers to download and install.
- Flexibility: although SaaS uses a multi-tenant architecture, where all users share a common infrastructure and code base, there is a great ability for each user to customize the application to fit their business processes and requirements.
- High level of security as the software has many security layers that only allow users to access the information that they should.
- A very environmentally conscious data center has been selected which is state-of-the-art and can demonstrate energy consumption well below the industry average.
- Regular upgrades so the solution doesn’t become outdated. Enhancements for the multi-tenant solution can easily be justified over many users.
- 24/7 availability with high performance and ease of availability.
- Disaster recovery planning is simplified as your data is always available and backed up, should a catastrophe happen in your location or ours.